Shadow Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The formation of Team K (chapter one)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The formation of Team K (chapter one) Empty The formation of Team K (chapter one)

Post  Rasher204 Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 pm

The clouds were sparse enugh to let some blue sky pass though, rare but a good omen. K looked up at the sky strumming absentmindedly on the strings of his instrument, though what he was playing was nearly a composed song all of its own he was paying it no mind. Instead K's thoughts were at a very different place, he thought about his own graduation from the academy, his own first meeting, it had also been on this very roof, time it seemed had a funny way of making you turn a full three hundred and sixty degrees sometimes. He thought about how he had broken down and finally agreed to take students this year, about how that might distract him from his kinkaku missions and also about the new opportunities it would bring, about the students he might come to teach his techniques and the future generation of the cloud village. He hadn't been given any information on the new genin that would be chosen for him, only that after graduation they would be told to come here and meet their new team and sensei and that he could get a sense of their ability and their personalities of ever he liked in this meeting. He was giving a bit of thought as to how he might do this as the graduation ceremony was going on below him, one by one they would enter the roof and meet him, he wondered if seeing him playing would be the best introduction, then again thease were genin, what difference did it make what they first thought of him? He was certain thease kids would be like his team mates at his age, eager to get on with things, such was the effect of youth, restlessness before it's time.

Last edited by Rasher204 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

The formation of Team K (chapter one) Empty Re: The formation of Team K (chapter one)

Post  Dustfinger Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:22 am

Kiyoko followed the directions she was given. The music was driving her nuts and she could not figure out where it was coming from. A moment of temporary insanity over took her as the music grew louder. Please don't let that be sensei. She started to sing random lyrics to the song she was hearing, despite the fact it was irritating her. Her singing was very loud, loud enough to overpower the sound of the music, but she really didn't sound bad. A moment later she found him. It was him playing the music! But his looks made up for it, partially. She bowed in respect. "Hello sensei, I'm Kiyoko of the Inoue clan." She spoke in a respective tone, knowing that she would have to show respect to this man. Hopefully they would get along well enough over the time they would be together. She hoped that she would be able to impress him. The moment that thought passed through her mind, she tripped, while standing still, and fell flat on her face. "Ow." she said as she rubbed the places that were hurting; which was most of her body.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

https://shadow-shinobi.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The formation of Team K (chapter one) Empty Re: The formation of Team K (chapter one)

Post  Rasher204 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:31 am

K stopped playing as the door opened, his first student was a fair haired girl with a strong presence about her, she stumbled in an attempt to bow and seemed to be a bit embarrassed, K flicked his sunglasses up to his forehead and put his instrment on his back "nice to meet you, my name is Kodai Yoshimori, and yes I will be your sensei, but Id rather all of you just call me K or K-sen, after all everyone else does" he said with a reassuring smile extending a hand to help her up not remembering that his hand was a cold hard metal prosthetic that might seem very unfriendly to someone her age. K had heard his students had been hand picked for him, did that mean they were the best and the brightest or did K have his work cut out for him? "Kiyoko was it?" he said helping her up and nothing the deck of cards she had on her, quite the rare item for a ninja to have. "well while we wait for the others, anything you might want to share about yourself?" he said siting down with her.
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:42 am

"Thank you." She said as he helped her up. His hands were slightly unnerving, but she managed to ignore them. She was more than happy to answer his next question; she always enjoyed talking about herself. "Well, I focus my training on fuuinjutsu using these cards...aaaaand...what else?-OH! I can use the Inoue Clan's Kekkei Genkai which let's me take matter, put it together, and give it 'life'. I can control the living object, but I can't reanimate dead bodies. What about yourself K-sen? What can you do?" She did admit that she was just a little curious about his abilities, but she mainly asked out of politeness. She wasn't usually this polite, maybe she was just trying to make a good impression. K would probably find out about her true ways soon enough. It helped to have her sister around though; Hikari and herself were trouble.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 am

K listened carefully and attentively while appearing casual "A bloodline limit user, and seals huh? That's very rare" he paused as she asked him about himself and to consider how easily and almost readily she had discussed the reanimation of corpses "me? well Im afraid I wasn't born with any special abilities, its mostly plain old lightning ninjutsu for me, but you dont need to worry, I can more than get by... I guess Im also pretty confidant in my legs and I can also summon eels" he chuckled a little "slimy little things but their useful" the sunlight reflected off the gem in the center of the metal palm of his artificial hand, K sort of wished he taught in the academy, then he might have known more about this girl, but time would teach him all he needed to know.
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:13 am

Kiyoko was careful to listen intently, even though she really didn't care. All that mattered was his ability to train her. She thought that his comment about how he managed was a bit unnecessary. Well obviously, you wouldn't be my sensei if you were not able to manage. Besides, there isn't anything wrong with having, or not having, a kekkei genkai. It took a forceful effort not to roll her eyes out of irritation. "So, do you know who else will be part of the team? I hope can get along with them well." That was something that she clearly cared about. The prospect of a team meant a lot to Kiyoko, more than would be expected of a girl with her personality.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 am

K sensed however vaguely that he'd somehow offended her, his lack of inborn ability had been a big part of his desire to train but he couldn't allow that to effect his teaching. "I wasn't told who they would be, which is a shame as they were supposed to give us Nin cards of our students" he said as the clouds rolled overhead slowly and calmly "also I have never sensei'ed before now" perhaps she was as nervous as he was, not that a single ounce of that showed from him, this girl reminded him of Yuna in many ways, task oriented and full of energy but she had a subtle air of friendliness Yuna lacked "so I guess we just have to wait" this was somewhat awkward, perhaps he should have arrived fashionably late after all. K's metal hands clicked softly as he moved one to the side of his face.
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Kiyoko's eyes brightened at the mention of Nin cards as they were something familiar to her. "I have those!" she exclaimed a little too enthusiastically. She was totally oblivious to her over-excitement and the awkward moment that K was thinking about. There weren't really any awkward moments for Kiyoko, although she did tend to create a lot of them. "So you summon eels? Thats interesting, although slightly odd." She said, trying to find something to say.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Fuuninjutsu and nin cards, she was so unlike most ninja "hmm do you have any on people that were close to you and might be on our team?" he asked at first noting her enthusiasm, perhaps she was a go getter like his own team mates had been. "well you'll be meeting one soon enugh, just as soon as the others can get here" he said pleasantly and perhaps tenativly
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranyx Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Ranyx was walking around absentmindedly, a paper with directions scrawled on it was in his hand. Well, he had done it. He was a Genin. His last trial: find his sensei. It was a really skilled ninja: K. K of the Kinkaku. REALLY high bar placement. Ranyx wondered if this was an elaborate insult. His directions led him to a building... but K wasn't there. Perhaps on top? Ranyx began using the technique to walk on walls to climb up the side of the building. When he walked out onto the rooftop, he saw K talking with a girl. The girl was barely registered on Ranyx's radar: all he cared about at this second was to attach himself to K. Would probably drive him insane, but he couldn't help it. He charged K, lunging to tackle hug him from the side while yelling, "Nice to meet you Sensei!" Neat little reflex test.

Ranyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Quick footsteps could be heard echoing down the alleyway. She was late. She had gotten so distracted and now she was late to meet with her sister to meet their new sensei and third team member. Why had she let herself go shopping!?

Up ahead the girl saw the building they were supposed to meet their sensei at. She heard some yelling coming from the roof and made a large leap, using various objects to hoist herself farther up the side of the building.

Blonde hair flying, she reached the top of the building to see her sister, a man who she assumed was their sensei and a boy, who she assumed was her other team member, tackling said sensei. As she took a step forward, she said breathlessly,

"I'm her-AHHHHH!" There was Hikari Inoue, Kiyoko's twin, landing face-first on the roof with a loud 'oomph!'
Ayami
Ayami

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 am

As Ranyx found them and went and tackle hugged K, rage began to flow through Kiyoko. She walked up to him very casually, making it seem like she just wanted to meet him. Then she raised a hand, and slapped Ranyx with all the might she could muster. The slap was strong enough to throw him sideways. Then she screamed, "THATS NO WAY TO GREET K-SEN YOU SPOILED LITTLE BRAT!" Kiyoko's face was totally red and one could almost see the fumes streaming up from her head. She payed no attention to her sister, she knew she was okay, and Ranyx needed to be taught a lesson.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranyx Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:17 am

Ranyx flew off K, the impact from the smack stinging his face. He fell onto the ground and began sniffling and tearing up even. He put his hand on his cheek and said, "You know, you could've handled that differently! Whoever you are... IT WAS A PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE WAY TO GREET HIM." He stood up and stamped his foot. "I'm not spoiled, you self-centered twit!" He was considering lasering her in the shoulder, but that wouldn't be a nice way to greet someone, would it? But she had slapped him! That deserved some retribution, right? But it was a girl, and you don't hit girls... what an enigma.

Ranyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 am

K had quite allot to experience very suddenly, the sudden arms around him, a rush of wind, a loud noise and now a small fight, this wasn't what he had planed on, and certainly not what he had been use to dealing with in the kinkaku force. K considered getting angry but remember that such actions weren't indicative of his new role. K let out a sigh and helped the boy up standing between the three of the, a twin to each side and the boy in front honestly, to think genin go to pieces so suddenly nowadays... I hope the cloud hasn't fallen on hard times since I was one... seems I have my work cut out for me after all he retained his calm still "well I see you all have alto of energy already, thats good for a genin" he remarked looking them over, the twins seemed so alike and yet so very different and the boy looked almost childish with tears forming in his eyes and a red mark on his face, inspiring almost protective feelings in him already, as if they were a set of dysfunctional siblings "first things first for those of you who dont know my name is Kodai Yoshimori of the Kinkaku, but you can call me K or K-sen... and your names?"
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:47 am

Guilt suddenly overcame Kiyoko a small tear or two fell to the ground. "I-I'm not a twit. I'm s-sorry for hitting you, but I don't think thats a proper way to greet your sensei for the first time." She spoke in a quite, almost totally silent voice. She really hadn't want to anger the boy, although she had intended to teach him a lesson in respect. If I can show respect then you surely can. You probably have a much better reputation than I do. "I'm Kiyoko." She said, introducing herself to Ranyx, giving him a friendly bow.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranyx Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:51 am

Ranyx sniffed one more time before replying, "I'm Ranyx... Ranyx Mumali." He began pointing at Kiyoko's shoulder, charging a Storm laser. She deserved it. But at the last second, he stopped it. It would probably upset K. Plus, she had apologized. He dropped his arm back down to his side, sad that he couldn't get his retribution. He wouldn't laser her... but grudges were hard for him to erase. He looked up at K... and noticed a height difference. And he meant a LARGE height difference. He didn't return her bow: instead, he offered his hand to shake. He didn't think she deserved a bow.

Ranyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am

Hikari peeled herself from the ground as she mumble about how everything liked to trip her. It seemed to laugh everytime her face met the ground, which was typically on a daily basis. As she dusted herself off she listened to the fight. She almost stepped in before her sensei did. Sighing, she waited for her sister and the boy to introduce themselves first. At least she was patient...most of the time.

Once Kiyoko and Ranyx, as Hikari learned, introduced themselves, Hikari spoke up,

"Hi, I'm Hikari Inoue, Kiyoko's twin. Nice to meet you both." Her voice chimed as she bowed to the two males in the group. She hadn't missed Ranyx's want to shake hands instead of bow, but decided to ignore it...this once. First meetings could be stressful so she could give the guy a break.
Ayami
Ayami

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:18 am

Kiyoko was no longer angry, nor was she apologetic, but she was offended. Was he too immature to just forget about their unfortunate meeting? If he didn't think she was worthy of a bow, then he could just forget about a handshake. She turned away from him, preparing to use her kekkei genkai if he retaliated in any manner. She really did not wish to fight, but if this boy was dumb enough to start it then she would be glad to get involved with it. She didn't need, nor deserve, the crap he was giving her. She had also lost some respect for K-sen; he had not reacted to the situation in any manner. He could have at least stepped in and told them to stop. She knew she had been rude, and rather mean, but she was willing to admit her mistake. Apparently this boy was not...Kiyoko hated immature boys, with a passion stronger than almost anything else. Well, immature people in general, it wasn't just boys.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranyx Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am

God, women were impossible. No handshake? Fine then. God forbid someone besides you should have issues of any kind. He grudged easily: it was a fact of life. Fish swam, birds flew, and he held grudges. And this was the first one he'd made in a while. He didn't think he should attack her yet: her current behavior didn't affect the fact that she had apologized. He hoped K wasn't upset at them...

Ranyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 am

Between the three of them Hikari seemed to be the most rational of the group, but they didn't seem to be a bunch of task oriented students as his team had been, rather these kids were just a bunch of... well, kids. He was sure this would change in time, sure that their innocence would fade as they began to realize the harsh world of a shinobi, hoping that he could prepare them for it in time. He looked them all over, none of them carried any major weapons, Hikari carried nothing at all, it seemed that the academy didn't really prepare them for real missions as he had thought but he was probably underestimating them. "well then, lets see what you can do" he said rolling up a sleeve displaying his summons tattoo and, running his finger along the lines which spiraled down his wrist to the back of his metal hand set it down on the floor. In a puff of smoke a dog sized eel wearing a steel helmet and a purple shirt with pouches, the eel was wrapped in a layer of water which stayed close to him as if held there. "Namerakana" K said in a freindly tone "I was wondering if you might help me" The eel was not amused "YOSHIMORI!" he bellowed at him with a voice that seemed a bit bigger than himself "do you even begin to consider what I might be doing when you summon me?" K seemed use to him like this "I dont know, what was it?" The eel paused for a moment "nothing... but thats beside the point! What is it this time?" K gestured to his students "thease are my new pupils, Kiyoko, Hikari and Ranyx, I was wondering if you'd help me test their abilities" The eel scoffed at him "you called me to play some game with a few genin!? who do you think I am Yoshimori? I am a royal embassy to queen Umimegami herself you know! I dont have time for-" K cut him off "whats a matter? Afraid you wont be able to slip past my new students?" he had him hooked now "whats that? of course I can slip past them! dont underestimate a royal embassy" K smiled "well then, how about this; Im going to sit here and play a song, they will have till the end of that song to catch you, if they fail Ill give them some extra training and personally apologize for bothering you, if you fail I dont want to hear any complaints next time I summon you, deal?" Namerakana looked at them then back at K "very well, be sure to bow all the way to the floor for that apology boy!" he said slithering on his belly over to the edge of the rooftop. K sat back down and took out his instrment "dont worry, the song will be at least fifteen minutes long" he said holding the strings in his hands "ready... set... go!" the first note left the cords of his song as the eel actually leapt from the roof at an impressive speed.
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Dustfinger Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 am

Kiyoko was glad that they had been given an assignment that she could use to get her mind of her unfortunate introduction. She pulled a number four club card from her deck and through it on the ground, activating the fuuinjutsu. A pile of 48 kunai appeared in front of her. "Kunai Men Jutsu." Suddenly the kunai divided themselves into three sets of 16 and were put together in order to create three small kunai-men. Normally this jutsu would have been easy for a high ranking ninja, but creating three of these guys took a fair amount of Kiyoko's chakra and she stumbled for a moment, but she rose with determination a moment later. The kunai-men had already come to 'life' and were awaiting Kiyoko's commands. She didn't have to say them out loud. It was all a matter of thoughts. The technique was fairly similar to puppeteering, but it was more a matter of command than control. The three kunai-men were extremely fast; noticeably faster than most ninja. They shot off after the eel, taking three different routes in order to cut-off the slippery monster.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasher204 Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:24 am

As the kunai constructs went to close in on him the eel veered its head and unleashed a spray of water from its mouth, this tick torrent was enugh to throw the kunai men, who used the points of their bladed feet to walk, off balance and on to their backs, hopefully with enugh force to break one of their bodies bonds. He also used this water to slither much faster than before further away from them as he landed on the ground below slithering away.

K watched attentively while he played the fuuninjutsu was used to store materials for her chakra constructs... very effective but she was winded by making three of them at once, I wonder if she would be able to fight now if someone attacked her close range, a skilled ninja would be able to account for this, all the same the fact that she was able to put them together so quickly shows a great deal of practice and tallent
Rasher204
Rasher204

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranyx Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 am

Ranyx grimaced. Of course the test wouldn't involve destroying things: just his damned luck. His few jutsu would be useless, and he didn't have enough mastery of the Water element to immoblize the eel by removing the water. He was useless for this task... He began walking down the side of the building. He would wait and attempt to take advantage of his more skilled teammates to catch the eel by surprise.

Ranyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawky Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 pm

They ran threw the trees easily going by them carrying their letters in their mouths until they came to a building they seemed to already be missing the fun. Each of the four dark colored panthers but chakra in their feet and took off up the building they were user for stealth and climbing walls was easiest of thing to do. The leader of the four had a scar over his right eye which was easy to see among his pelt. Once at the top they waited it seemed like the ninjas they were delivering to were busy at the moment they sat out of the way and watched the one with the scar sitting in the front.
Hawky
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayami Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am

Hikari watched angrily as Ranyx seemed to leave them, not bothering to join them in their quest to catch the eel. Then again, maybe he wasn't fit for this kind of thing. But even that didn't matter. They were supposed to be working together; that was the whole point of this excersize. Sighing and turning back to the action, Hikari decided to help her sister in the only way she knew she could. Smiling, she concentrated her chakra and thought of her lightning striking the kunai-men to speed them out before yelling,

"HYPERACTIVE JUTSU!" Three bright flashes, one around each metal-man that Kiyoko had created, blinded even Hikari for a moment. But Hikari knew that her jutsu had succeeded in charging the metal to speed it up. Beads of sweat trickled down her skull and she gasped lightly for breath. Why did her sister have to create three? She would have to recharge the men at some point in time...if her own chakra was recharged that was.
Ayami
Ayami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next